[amayausers.com] Re: Problem with Color Chart Window

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:21:01 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/262.html#000009

No I don't run it off a Mac...I have a full line graphic shop-banners, signs,
screenprinting, engraving, etc. so all my work is done on a mac but I can
transfer logos and designs into DS to save a ton of time compared to creating
in DS!
Taboo...definitely! There was one person in Canada that successfully ran DS or
AMaya OS on a mac using some sort of emulating program-couple years ago. He's
never been heard from since. Probably locked up in a windowless and
internetless cellar hole somewhere.
But boy, it would be NICE to be able to do it!
Not sure if it can be done with a 'dual platform' Mac but maybe someone knows.
I know FlexiSign PRo (program for creating signage working with bitmap and
vector line art simultaneously) is cross-Platform...I have the newest MAC
version and it's great-and it will also run the digital printers & cutters, IF
your machines will hook up to a mac...but I prefer to run my Versacam off a PC
because the 'proprietary' program for the printer is faster and easier to use
than the flexi Production manager part...and Versaworks is strictly PC.
Like Amaya OS. You can run Design shop or other digitizing programs but the
amayas run only off AMaya OS.
Roland