[amayausers] Re: Printwear Mag a Porno Advertizer

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 05:09:54 -0400

They have been catching a lot of heat from the media here (Washington, DC area)
about the ads in their store windows. They have giant 10 foot color photo ads
of women in just underwear and a t-shirt in the windows of the stores. Do a
Google search for "American Apparel" sexual harassment and you will see the CEO
was arrested. I don't know if he ever got convicted though.

From: "Ron & Patrice Thompson" <pokeme.embroidery@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Amaya Users Group" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:54:31 -0700 Well today I received the June 2006 copy
of Printwear Magazine.
Now before I tell you what I did, let me say that I do enjoy reading this
"FREE" magazine. In fact I've been receiving it for free for over 5 years
now.

My problem with the magazine is one of the advertisers, American Apparel.
They have convinced Printwear to allow them to put a sleeve around the
magazine with photos of young girls wearing very skimpy tops. I find these
photos very close to being a form of porno.

I'm embarrassed when my wife sees it or my grand children. They have been
doing this for a few months now and I've even called to complain. I was told
that they have received a lot of complaints about this type of advertising.

I personally will never do business with American Apparel and today I
canceled my subscription to Printwear.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is offended with these ads?

Ron Thompson
Poke-Me Embroidery

--
Ron & Patrice Thompson