[amayausers] Presser foot height question??

  • From: "Image Embroidery" <imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:19:00 -0400

Good morning all,
I have a baseball cap design that is giving me fits.
I generally do not have a problem running caps, but his one has got me stumped.
Simple design, two large solid filled numbers with some accent colors and a
star in the center of one the numbers. The star is stitched with metallic
thread.
The cap is a structured Harriton M855. I am getting quite a few thread breaks.
And they are not consistant, so I have no way of altering the design to get the
stitch out to improve.
I got through the two dozen hats, but it was not in a timely manner.
I was using sharps 80/12, but actually got fewer thread breaks when I switched
to BP.
I left the 80/12 on the metallic thread needle.
Thread breaks were not always on the hat seams either.

Long story Long:) ...is it a must that the presser foot always be in the
highest position when running caps?

The customer loved the hats and called yesterday to get another dozen! I was
kind of hoping to have time to play with the design more before I needed to do
another run!:)

Thanks,
LuAnn @ Image Embroidery
Because Your "Image" Matters