[amayausers] Re: Patch

  • From: Jo Leftwich <leftwichjo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:58:59 -0800 (PST)

I remembered a little from training and used the big
hoop with poplin stuck to a cutaway backing. however,
I somehow managed to have this design with two
separate parts. When I tried to copy the design in DS
to see how many I could get on the hoop, I could copy
the first half or the last half but not both
togeather. Finally just moved the hoop to one corner
and did one, moved again, etc. After they were all
finished, I used Floriani Applique Wonder, pressed it
on the back. Now they can peel off the backing and
stick it on their jacket and sew it down.
Has anyone had trouble with the corners of the big
hoops? The sew field is square but the hoop has
rounded corners. Boy, be careful how close you get to
the hoop in those corners! I heard this rattle and
shut everything off, reset and moved!
Thanks, Roland
--- "Roland R. Irish III"
<signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What they showed us in training was to use your
> largest hoop and
> piece of material (poplin or duck)
> for your patch 'base'....set up your design with
> applique commands...
> then just repeat the 'outline' over and over on the
> largest material
> hoop you can.
> Take this off, cut out each patch-and then rehoop
> either the larger
> hoopl or small hoop if you only want to do one at a
> time with a thin
> backing sheet only..
> As you sew the 'applique' outline-use a little
> adhesive and stick one
> of your 'patches' down on the outline, then let it
> run the rest of
> the 'applique'
> setup. Your design can start or finish off with the
> full satin edge
> trim and overlap the patch cut edge to hide it. Then
> after you do
> them all on
> this hoop, just tear off the backing and you have
> patches.
>
> Roland

> http://www.amayausers.com/list

Jo