[amayausers.com] Re: Outline question

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:28:06 UT

This message was posted by Marcelle on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/427.html#000002

I have tried several different changes to try to fix this registration problem.
 As I went through checking everything I found that the 'pull offset' for the
fill part of the design was set at +2.  I don't know how I did that and not
remember it at all but I changed it to 0 which helped some.  I still had one
direction of the registration slightly off.  Another user then posted a note
about fabric stretch when the stitching matched the grain of the fabric.  I was
trying to digitize the alphabet using 270 stitch direction for the fill and
when I changed it to 50 the registration is fine now.

In summary I had 2 problems that complicated things for me.  The phantom
setting I used for the pull offset and then the stitch direction compounded the
problem.  I knew I had always had nice looking outlines so I knew I had
something terribly messed up.  I am pleased with the alphabet now as it is
stitching out perfectly.

Thanks for all the advice on this list.