[amayausers] Re: Outback hats

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:38:00 -0700

Tara,
I did Outback hats and they were relatively easy. Once you have your
design digitized here's some help with hooping (I can only help with the
hooping). Hoop the sweat band, so your hat brim is forward of the strap
in order to clear the big hat brim. Tighten the strap down with the wing
nut adjustments. The strap comes across only on the sweat band. I also
used 2 - 3 pieces of hat backing. I may have slowed down a little, I
have XTs so I think I sewed at 1000 spm without too much issue. Used a
sharp needle. I tucked the brim into the bill clip just to keep it out
of the way. Good luck.

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B