[amayausers.com] Re: OS not working...HELP!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 05:06:07 UT

This message was posted by Loyda on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/564.html

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm having problems. We're moving out of the country (military) and I am
leaving my XT with a trusted friend for 3 years.

Anyway, I run the OS from my laptop and decided to leave him the laptop so that
we didn't have to reinstall the OS and set it up, etc. I remember that 5 years
ago when I got my XT that was really tricky and time consuming. So, I deleted
all my non-embroidery stuff from the laptop today.

Now when I try to run the OS I get an error that says: Unable to initialize
DAO/Jet db engine.  And it beeps constantly and I can't stop it. I have to
CTL-ALT-DELETE and kill it.

I have version 7 of the OS on an XP laptop. I actually wanted to upgrade to
version 9 a few days ago, but I ran into a problem when I tried calling Melco
support. I melted the OS dongle this past December. Called then and ordered a
new one, which works fine.  But, now when I call to get support, the auto
system asks for the SN of the dongle and then tells me it does not recognize
it!  I'm guessing the new SN did not get uploaded into their database, maybe?
In any case, I'm not sure what to do. I cannot find my original OS CD.

Is there any place where I can download the OS software? I have the dongle, but
it seems that I may need to reinstall the software.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Loyda