[amayausers] Re: Needle question

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:53:02 -0600

Beverly and Tracey,
Glad to hear you guys have knocked out that enormous hat order.  Let's put
this question to the group..

To all you out there running caps or visors on the new (or old) Amaya cap
frames:
Are there any special tricks to hooping visors that don't have a sweatband
that folds out.  We found the only real way to get the visor to stay in
place was to strap it very close to the brim seam to try and maximize the
amount of sewing field on the visor (Otto brand).  If we tried to sew too
close to the frame (lower portion of sewing field), the cap frame teeth
under the visor pushed against the back of the presser foot which pushed
against the back of the needle which resulted in needle deflection - hence -
breaking a needle.  Would the only advice on caps and visors without
"flip-out sweatbands" be to stay well above the brim ???
Taking all suggestions.
Thanks,
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes