[amayausers] Re: Needle bur ??

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:46:09 -0400

Ed, we found away around saving and hoping never to have a service
call....by purchasing the 'warranty'.
Didn't realize that as soon as we signed up for it, 2 weeks later in
comes a service tech to spend the day pampering our Amaya! For the
$100 deductible and $100 per month cost, in one day he had it up and
running better than the entire 2 years we fought with it.
And dang, if 2 months later the cam follower didn't snap
off...another half day of repairs and readjustment, and
'happyhappyjoyjoy'....warranty covered it!
So our first experience with 'put it in the bank, or pay the
warranty'....pay the warranty was more than worth it.
Now we know he'll be up once a year for service, and I can contract
with him for a 6 month visit if I want...we're waiting to see if we
use it enough to make it worthwhile.
Preventive maintainence...as you point out-replacing the needle case
or main board...well worth it for the investment in the machine.
I'm doing the same with our digital printer/cutter-arranging for 6
month tech visit above and beyond warranty...just to make sure it
runs right everytime! That poor baby is in use 100 times more than
the Amaya-only 6 months old and already made enough to repay half the
cost. Warranty replacement of printhead nozzles already....$3000 for
one day service call!
Roland