[amayausers.com] Re: Melco Force Gauges

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:25:04 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1474.html

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I could not find any
answer to my question.

I think I need to do X-Belt Cable, Y-Axis Timing Belt and Z-Drive Belt
tensioning adjustments on my Amaya XT.  These have never been done on my Amaya
XT even when I called out a technician for a loud rattling noise when I do wide
satin stitches when the hoop moves from left to right.  The technician adjusted
the timing but did not adjust any belts.  The noise has come back again.

The Amaya XT Technical Manual says to use a Melco 0-40 lb Force Gauge, PN
995595-01 ($213.77) for the X-Cable Tensioning and a 0-10 lb Force Gauge, PN
995591-01 ($270.00).

My question is can I use the 0-40 lb Force Gauge for all these tensioning
adjustments or must I have both the 0-10 lb and 0-40 lb?  Together they are
EXPENSIVE!  Or are there any less expensive gauges that will work.

Thanks,
Kanga