[amayausers.com] Re: Material bunching up

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:58:54 UT

This message was posted by Coach on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/97.html

I have made some progress and have been able to sew out a couple of ofm files.
I just completed a 3x3" design called Wolverine. I sewed it onto an old thin
peice of pillow case scrap. The stitcing was perfect and tight, but the
material bathered around moderately around several places in the design. Most
of the bunching or gathering was minimal, but there were a few places where the
gathering created a dimple like the one I get in my "neck tie knot" from time
to time. I have thought about why and come up with a few possibilities. Perhaps
the material was pulled to tight on the hoop, perhaps the bobbin tension was
mildly to tight.. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated..
Regards,

Coach Al (rookie)