[amayausers.com] Re: Madiera Fire Fighter Thread, Backings and Bobbins

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:02:07 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/582.html#000004

Hi djames,

Good point about having to pay for all of the fire retardant material.  I told
my customer yesterday, that I would not have any use for them otherwise.

I noticed too that these materials cost roughly five times much as the regular
polyester thread, bobbins and backings, and there is less per spool.  My
customer said they are only required to have their uniforms fire retardant, but
that their gear bags did not need to be embroidered with fire retardant threads
and backings.  I told him that if they wanted the fire retardant material,
they'd have to pay more for it.

I gave my customer some stitched out font samples, along with printed
descriptions from the Madeira site of these products so he could check back
with his squadron.

Do you need to provide special documentation?  Is there something that you put
on your invoice that certifies fire retardant material was used?

I did not imagine my hobby would turn into a business, but with this
opportunity and another embroidery request for a law firm which company logo I
digitized, it looks like I'll have to put my personal projects aside.

Thanks,
Ed Roux