[amayausers.com] Re: Machine getting X error while sewing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 20:51:09 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1266.html#000002

Sounds as if the X-axis motor may be about to fail- call your tech or Melco and
describe the problem in detail and ask them what the symtoms of a failing motor
may be.  As far as the cracking noise, you are correct- the thread feed gears
are not aligned when the needle case moves.  Go under
tools>maintenance>steppers>send the the thread feed gear "home".  If this
continues, it will break the feed gear that is attached to the feed motor.  I
have a troublesome machine that does this a lot, and I make sure to leave it on
needle 1 at the end of the day, and to send the thread feed gear home every
morning before I start production.