[amayausers.com] Re: Knit Beanie

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:43:38 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/449.html#000001

I do beanies now with the speedclamp system.
I have a 3" roll of TEARAWAY backing on one side of my amaya, balanced on the
closed waste basket.
I cut strips of solvy 3" wide and as long as I can off the sheets or take a
roll of solvy and cut it into 4' x 3" strips.
I set the backing under the clamp hoop and use a small wedge paper clamp to
hold it on the right (feeding it off the roll on the left).
I turn the beanie inside out, and slide it under the top clamp 'hoop' while I
hold the solvy strip across it. Pull the clamp down, reach underneath and
remove the little clamp holding the backing, trace the design to make it lines
up-and sew it.
When it's done, I pull the hat off, and tear off the solvy but leave the
'extra' from around the design. Pull the tearaway backing off, and then slide
that back onto the speedclamp and clamp it.
Slide another hat one, and this time I have the excess solvy to grip on the
right edge-instead of wasting a couple inches. While it's sewing, I take the
first one and stretch the design (cuff) and most of the tearaway backing will
fall right out. The rest of it you can pick out fast-stretching it pulls it
away from the bobbin thread!