[amayausers] Ive been away for a long time - and an applique question

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:44:27 -0400

Hi all,
I was set to vacation at the freelists. I was wondering why I never saw any
mail from this group!

My appliqué question is about using e-stitch for appliqué. I have a
difficult appliqué project that does not have a solid satin stitch boundary
around it. The border is actually an artistic flourish around the edge using
two colors. There are visible gaps and some very thin lines in places along
the perimeter. I thought about using an e-stitch for the cover stitch using
thread that matches the background for the appliqué, and then do the rest of
the design as if there isn?t any appliqué. Does this make sense and has
anyone ever done it?

Some of applique stitching will be visible in the finished design. I have
thought about using a matte-finish thread for the appliqué steps, hoping it
would hide in the background and not be ugly. I also thought about invisible
thread. Any thoughts, experience or suggestions would be welcome.

Of course there is always saying no.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Buckle