[amayausers.com] Re: How do I ensure uniform lettering height

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:14:43 UT

This message was posted by Shuffletown Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/316.html#000002

Hi Chris,
The problem you are seeing is caused by push. Columns push out at the top and
bottom making letters like H, I and V push out above and below the line.
Letters like T and P push out only below the line, and L and U only push out
above the line because the horizontal columns on the top/bottom have pull that
keeps them in line with the other lettering.
The only way to correct for push is to use fonts that are digitized to
compensate for push or digitize the lettering manually.
A way to tell if a keyboard font compensates for push is to look at the
wireframe of the letters. If they don't line up horizontally, you've got a
winner.
If you want to edit the lettering for push, try shortening the "legs" of the
vertical columns about .1 mm.
Hope this makes sense.
Mary