[amayausers] Re: How Do I make a logo smaller ?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:07:35 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/25.html#000001

Being the worst PC user in the world (Go MAC go MAC go MAC...LOL)
I have to ask since I've done this many times...are you opening up the artwork
directly from the CD, changing it, and then trying to save it? What happens in
doing this-your program is trying to save it ON THE CD, which it cannot do. You
have to rename it and direct it to save into a 'customr file' on your COMPUTER.
Techs told me (before I got Amaya, got an engraver-also PC...:-(  )
to COPY all artwork disks onto the harddrive-never run artwork off a CD...so
you don't damage the CD by repeated use.
Then, as SOON as you open new artwork, immediately, before you do anything,
SAVE that by creating a NEW folder (Harry's Garage....) and save this artwork
in THAT folder. Harry's logo1, for example. Now you have a new original. Make
your changes, add lettering, whatever. Then RENAME IT before you save it-
Harryslogo2. Now you have your original and one that has been changed. Anything
go wrong, or he doesn't like what you did, you can go back to #1 and start over.