[amayausers.com] Re: Hooping and Access

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:01:58 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1343.html

I have some UA jackets which present no fabric challenges. However, the lining
is that perforated mesh and there is an iPod pocket in the area of the left
upper chest where the logo is requested. I can get the hoop in the upper
pocket, but barely and suspect it may tear when it reaches that area in the
hoop. The tracing went well, but sewing it out might prove different results.

Does everyone embroider through the mesh lining and jacket together? The
correct way to do this is to open the lining and sew it when finished, allowing
me to keep the mesh and iPod pocket unaffected. This jacket could really
benefit from an embroiderer's access, but of course that's not the situation.

I don't mind doing the tailoring and sewing to reconstruct the jackets allowing
for better hoop access. It is time consuming which is billable. Customer wants
me to try the first option of course. If the arm tears the lining during
embroidery, so be it they say. I'm having a quality dilemma here and would like
to know what you 'all do for this type of athletic wear.

~gf