[amayausers] Re: Help with Velvet on Amaya

  • From: "John and Mary Kyler" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:07:36 -0700

Well I have done a little velvet.
You can use a large hoop with tear away and use temp adhesive. And place it
down without hooping the item.
Or I have also hooped light tear away or solvy sometimes doubled up... on
the top with the velvet and the normal backing (sandwhiched), and just tear
it away from where I was stitching.
And tighten the hoop after it is all together.
Now for solvy....
I have found in Colorado where it is very dry......
If you wait a few hours after stitching it becomes very brittle, and will
break away much easier.
Maybe you could use a hairdryer?
Or use a steamer. But that leaves goobers.... Or digitize some extra
underlay and leave the solvy off.
Weighing extra stitches for free, or the cost of solvy and the labor dealing
with solvy..... Do this a lot with fleece items.

Cant remember where you are but if in Colorado give me a call for a some
solvy, if you need it.

And for applique.... Set the design up to place a running stitch (that will
be covered by design)....
Works great... I do badges all the time this way.
I hope that helps... Kind of long winded today..
John
A Golden Stitch