[amayausers] Re: HP computers/customer service

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:49:09 -0500

I don't know - that was my point ;)

Anyway, one of my favorite computers is my HP that I got on sale last year -
black Friday special - $99 complete - computer, printer, mouse, speakers,
keyboard.  Of course, it was $99 to have it shipped to me (you couldn't pick
it up in the store).  But for $198, I had a computer - and with the simple
addition of a stick of memory for $39, it's run fantastic.

A tip when dealing with HP support - try the web chat feature.  I was able
to solve my issues quickly that way without waiting on hold - and both times
I had a question, it got handled quickly.

JOHN

From: Genie Zenowich <blackhurstneedleworx@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] HP computers/customer service
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 05:07:21 -0800 (PST)

Sorry folks, this is a rant. You can delete this now if you're not
interested in my experience with HP.
Yesterday, I got on line to order a notebook and a lot of other stuff and
placed an order for over $2000 of stuff. They wrote back and said they had
received my order, but couldn't process it because my bank wouldn't okay it,

to call my bank, and then call them at xxxxxxxxx. I called the bank, they
released the money, and then tried to call the number HP had given me. They
put me on hold for 15 minutes and I decided by that time that if they
couldn't answer a sales call any faster, I didn't want to buy from them, so
abandoned the call. I went back into their e-mail and wrote to cancel my
order. Then I went on line with Dell and got a better deal and fast service.

This morning I wake up to "Your HP order has been shipped."  What a pain. I
had to call all over the world to get the answers I needed which are long
and complicated and mostly hard to understand because until they routed me
back to the US, I really couldn't understand the folks answering the phone.
I felt badly
  asking them to keep repeating what they said, and they got frustrated at
having to say the same thing over and over again, but finally they got tired

of it and transferred me on to the next hard to understand person. Ah, well,

I now have a Fed Ex delivery coming and I'll be out of town. I'll have to
arrange for them to come out and pick it up and send it back. What a pain!
So.... If you're thinking of buying anything from HP, I'd suggest you
reconsider. I don't even want to imagine what their service after the sale
is!
I think the best customer service I've ever gotten was from Rod and Sharon
Springer when they came out to service my red prince, Stitch. They came when

they said they would, they did what they said they would and a great deal
more than I could ever have wished for. If you ever have a chance to have
the Springers in your shop, you are truely blessed. It's like having Mr and
Mrs Santa come to visit, or your very own genie in a bottle. Every time I
work with a customer, I think of my role models in customer service, Rod and

Sharon Springer.

Warm Regards to You All,

Genie Zenowich
Columbus, Ohio