[amayausers] Re: Group Sewing Help

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:28:37 -0400

The last time we tried group names-the program was screwing up and getting
the stitching tighter and tighter-by 5 names it was impossible. Problem was
in the program 'adding up' the stitches and running a cumulative total and
adjusting for what it thought was tight stitch....THEN the group names
wouldn't 'stop' between names, would go right on to the next one...we only
had ONE group name job work right-we only did 4 names at a time out of 140,
and then would go and start over with the next group. When it worked, it
would stop at the end and not repeat. When it didn't work-you had no idea
what it would do. Even though we got the upgrade last fall that was supposed
to fix it, we didn't have the time to test it out-it could potentially mean
ruining a job. Most of our jobs that need 'group names' had the names as
part of a logo design-not just on one side of the shirt alone-so to test it
meant running 20-30,000 stitches for EACH to test it-a very time consuming
and expensive test.
Once we get this 2005 upgrade installed, we're going to have to bite the
bullet and run it through a test-and see if it works.
Roland