[amayausers.com] Re: Getting down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 02:58:38 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/633.html#000001

My opinion - if the machine works with 7 - stick with it right now.  There are
a lot of nice features in 9 - but if you need to produce, and you know one
works better over the other on YOUR machine... stick with it.

The nice thing about the software is you can load both versions on the same
computer.

Honestly, since the beta program for 9 ended, many have been out of the loop on
how the issues found with v. 9 are being addressed. In the past, testers were
engaged to keep testing new incremental versions.  As with most software,
feedback and issues keep rolling in (even after the sofware goes gold) and then
typically are sent out to test sites to see if any other issues develop as a
result of the fix - you know - fix one thing, break another.

I don't know how that's being handled right now because as far as I know, the
beta program was pretty much disbanded when Jeff Banks passed.

Given the feedback and issues here - I'd say that a test program is still very
much needed and was a great value to Melco.

Hopefully, managment will see fit to reinstitute something soon and appoint
someone to fill the valuable role Jeff played in the organization.

Just one dude's opinion...