[amayausers.com] Re: Fw: Re: Hooping Caps

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:43:43 +0000

Whadda you mean "Poor Ole ED"????
I might be Poor, but I ain't Ole.  Well not that much anyway.

Actually Margarett,
Most of what I know is because of Rod Springer.  Many years ago when I was in
college, Rod's cousin, "Jerry", introduced us and Rod & Sharon have been my
inspiration since. (No kidding about the inspiration part - Herb is in there
too!)

But back to your cap question:
To add to what Rod answered, machine speed has more to do with how well you are
able to hoop the cap and how structured or stiff the cap is in the WACF.  Some
folks have found success with the CCF (conventional cap frame) sold by Melco as
this frame holds the cap front from three sides as opposed to the one bottom
side on the WACF (Wide Angle Cap Frame).  Since the cap is only held on one
side, the strapped side, the rest of the cap can have a tendency to "wiggle"
(aka: flagging) as the machine sews left to right and front to back.  It is
this wiggle that is increased as you increase the machine's sewing speed.  This
is one of the main reasons to use cap backing when sewing caps.

Hence, the better the hooping job, the faster you can sew caps.  And this is of
course assuming all other facets of the embroidery process are correct...  ie:
backing, digitizing, bobbin tenison, needle size, design size, machine
maintenance, etc...

Hope this helps,
Ed Orantes

-------------- Original message from "springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
<springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

Margarett,
It is not a matter of being afraid to run the machine that fast....the machine
can handle it  with no problem. If the digitizing is poorly done, columns too
narrow, stitch lengths too short, pull comp not right...etc...etc....then you
can expect frays, thread breaks and even possiblely needle breaks as the worst
case senario......never really know until you try or go into your design and do
the editing......
Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer

On Tue Oct 9 22:32 , 'Margarett' sent:

Rod, Thanks for answering.You know that is a little sacryyyyyyyyyyie.
Just how do I know if my design is PROPERLY digitized for my AmayaXt's.
So for me sewing  at 850 that is as high as I need to go till I know I have the
right Digitizied design.
Margarett