[amayausers.com] Re: Font

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:34:45 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1143.html#000001

Lettering is tricky, but very fussy with where your pressor foot is set! The
'looser' that foot is when it comes down, the looser your thread will be-makes
loops. Also, the bobbin must be set right, not loose, not too tight. Holding it
by the string (without going through the 'pigtail loop', it should not drop
down without a little 'jerk' of your fingers-if it unrolls by itself, it's too
loose. This is where magnetic bobbins work great.
Also, for smaller lettering, use a thicker thread if you can't change the
density or pull comp. I just did this as a test last week-used a 40 wt white
instead of 60 wt and the small lettering lost the 'jagged edge', was a good
looking 'full' letter, and I didn't have to change anything, not even the
needle.