[amayausers.com] Re: Flags

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:00:25 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/277.html#000006

Barb...I would really test that steam a seam first-and then try washing the
material to see if it sticks. Most of your nylon flag materials are water
repellant which means iron ons won't stick for long. Been there-done that.
Scout uniforms are also treated with water repellant and stain resistance
stuff-which is why the scout store supplied 'iron on patches' will NOT stick to
them!
What 'may' work better (and how I usually end up doing them) is the cadcut
films (Stahls, Specialty Films, etc., and digital print diecut stuff) the same
stuff used on soccer shirts and sports uniforms. Gorilla Grip is great stuff
(Stahls).
For real super 'flowing' flags-if you can get the poly material used in soccer
shirts-it is fantastic-and most of the time opaque enough to do a double sided
flag.
Heat seal materials generally go on with 40 or more pounds pressure at 350
degrees to 425 degrees-you can't duplicate this with a home iron.