[amayausers.com] Re: Final Cost of Cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:46:00 UT

This message was posted by TinaK on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/28.html#000005

Ok, I did the cheap thing as well but have been on the expensive side of things
also.  This cruise cost me over $2k for the cruise (inside cabin), classes,
hotel, air, return transfer to the airport as the transfer from the hotel to
pier was included in the hotel rate.  I did two shore excursions one from the
ship and one through an outside company.  My biggest expenditures was the spa
as I went twice and loved every minute of it! I also had a drink every night at
dinner time....

Like everyone said before everyone is different but first time cruisers tend to
spend more on trinkets and souvenirs and like to see and do everything they can
the first time around.

I did a one night cruise with a girlfriend a few years back it was her first
time cruising and let me tell you things add up quickly on the ship.  The
cruise for one night and my onboard account was over $500 dollars so it can get
costly as well.

Gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account at $10 per person
per night however I think Royal Caribbean is higher now at $13 but don't quote
me on that one.

Spa treatments start out at about $100 per hour sometimes port days it will be
cheaper.

Shore Excursions figure the good ones are about $50 - $75 per person.  If you
are doing diving or fishing figure on alot more.

My drinks on the ship was about $2.50 per glass of pop/soda as I didn't buy the
fountain card for the week as I don't drink alot of pop.  My alcoholic drinks
were about $5.00 a wack as well.  I don't drink alot however...

Hope this kind of answers your question Ed hope you will be joining us on the
next cruise as well...