[amayausers.com] Re: Embroidering wedding runner

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:11:34 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/439.html#000005

Decisions.....

The only "real" tension adjustment we deal with in the Amaya, as far as sewing
goes, is the bobbin tension. Material thickness could/may be looked at as a
type of tension adjustment as well as the tools for "run fill speed" and
"column feed" that are found under the "Settings" tab.

"The largest I can use with my hoop is 6 in"??? Is this the letter size you are
doing or the total width of the lettering line or ?? bigger hoop?? What size
hoops do you currently have? Imbossed in the pastic for the hoops Melco sells
are the nubers 9,12,15,18,22, 36x30, 44x30,etc. These are centimeter
measurements. You can easily change you measurement reading for hoop selection
to cm by going into "Settings" "Options", and selection "Measurement units" and
change the hoops to cm or in or whatever there. I change back and forth at will
all the time depending on what hoops I am dealing with because I have been too
lazy to get out a magic marker and write the different measurements on the
individual hoops...;-)

Pull compensation and or density adjustments would be the first things I would
take a look at.....

As far as the sequin attachment. One must know how to make minor adjustments on
the head alignment to get the needle centered in the "hole" of the sequin. This
is not difficult, but does take patience. This alignment should not change by
itself. Usually the fixture is bumped accidentally, by walking into it or it
hits a wall or door frame while the machine is being moved, etc.....it is too
bad that I am not closer(Boise,ID) to IN. because the sequin attachment is a
fun/niffty little addition to the machine....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer