[amayausers] Re: Digitizing Clip art

  • From: Captain Gold <captaingold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 07:09:54 -0400

At 09:41 PM 6/10/2006, you wrote:
>I have a brief question. If I find a piece of clip art in a set of
>designs or online can I have that digitized and used for embroidery?
>
>Dave

Dave,

Only if the clip art is listed as royalty-free. Read the fine print
to see if it's available to reproduce and what limitations there are.
I have a book or two that say royalty-free but no more than X number
may be used in a single publication. The limitations are mostly for
printed material (meaning, don't copy the entire page and use it in
your newsletter), but always read the fine print. There may be
limitations such as "for personal use only" or not to be used for any
profit-making venture - i.e., you can make an embroidery design from
the graphic, but you can't sell it, only give it away.

Connie Bechtel
Wyvern Productions
http://www.wyvernproductions.com/