[amayausers] Re: Did I mention that these are $200 jackets

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:08:41 UT

This message was posted by TAXTHEAX on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/56.html

Judy,  were your ears burning the other night?  After reading about your recent
rash of bad luck, I was hard at work on one of my customers who brings in about
4 to six jackets a week. These are $200 jackets each,,,very high quality. About
3 months ago, I created a embroidered church front for him with the name of the
church arched at the top.  Stunning...stained glass, cherubs and brick tectured
look.  The congration love it, so he takes the orders bring me the jackets and
away we go.  (did I mention these are $200 jackets?)

  Only problem I run into is they are not always the same style. Some have a
smooth front, some have seams, some have a pocket on each side of the inside.
In the later case customer chooses which side,,,or which pocket they want sewn
closed.

    Of course with all the seams,  there will be some (and sometimes to many)
thread and bobbin breaks. (Did I mention these are $200 jackets).
so there I was right in the middle of a jacket when all of a sudden blip,,,z
error---needle stuck in the down position....machine shuts itself down!  Dang
what am I supposed to do? (again did I mention these are $200 dollar jackets?).
 Tried shutting down and turning back on machine and
software....arrrrggghhhh...still stuck in the down position.  after a couple
more attempts, whew,,,needle goes to top,,hoop advances forward and POP,the
jacket is now out of the hoop.  Hmmmm  now what?

    Turns out the lining of the jacket, (did I mention these cost $200
dollars,,,i just cant seem to say that enough!) got sucked into the hook and
bobbin assembly.  Ok now what was once a waterfall of sweat from my brow is now
just beads. I carefully disassembled the bobbin arm and carefully un-entwined
the linning (man was it really stuck).  The ghost of christmas rush present
smilled down on me and can it be really true,,,no damage. Wheeewwwwww!!!

    But I got to tell ya,,,the whole time I was thinking JUDY, JUDY, JUDY!  so
for now another jacket (yeppers $200 smackers) went to another happy customer.

And thats how it was December 19TH, 2006.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, and a Happy, Safe and Prosperous NEW YEAR!

Embroidery Works By Ralph