[amayausers.com] Re: Design slipping

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:46:15 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1293.html#000004

I have found the (outside source) digitized files tend to have a fairly tight
(dense) fill...as low as 3. For me, that is way too dense and results in
'fills' shrinking from the pull-so the outlines no longer land on the edge. On
hats especially-you just cannot use the denser (lower number) fill settings
because there isn't anything preventing the hat face material from 'shrinking'
as the stitches tighten up. I would click on each of your fill areas and see
what the density is...loosen it up a bit, add some more underlayment if needed
to 'tie' the fabric to the backing where it belongs...little details like this
can really make a difference in the output.
On the shirts, since Fred finally convinced us to go to a layer of mesh-we have
almost eliminated any puckering or 'shrinking' of designs on shirts and even
teeshirts. But it won't work on hats. Need a good stiff tearaway or on some
hats 2 layers. And your design has to be sewing 'bottom up' and 'center out' to
help hold it in place.