[amayausers] Re: Density

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:27:27 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/69.html#000002

You were correct in your diagnosis . . . the design did not line up even before
the scaling changes. I tried another one and it worked fine. I am brand new in
the digitizing/embroidery arena so I appreciate your help. I'm finding most of
the stock designs are very thick and I they sew better when density is
decreased. Still trying to figure out the logic with the numbers though.
Increase density (less stitches?) and decrease density (more stitches?). Or at
least that's how the manual is typed. Logically, it should be the other way
around I think. What percentages have you found work out best overall? So if it
starts at 100%, typing 90% actually makes the design denser? And, by how much?
Because when I type 20%, the design becomes far too thin or less dense. I'm not
sure how the number affects the design.