[amayausers.com] Re: Cutter Selector Index Error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:14:37 UT

This message was posted by integrity on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/755.html

On first of the day power up, every time I start to sew the first design the
first time I get "cutter stepper index error."  I go to the maintenance tabs
set cutter to home, I can hear it move a bit, or if I run the cycle test, it
seems OK and we are off to the races.  No problems with the rest of the sewing,
until I turn the machine off and back on.  I have observed with the back cover
off that the stepper motor moves a small rotation on start-up, and restores
with the maintenance steps above.  In addition, when I run the selector stepper
cycle, it causes the cutter to move off zero, back and forth, like it is
dragging the cutter along with it or catching a crossed electrical signal.  I
have removed the channel covers and let the rods run free, so there shouldn't
be any catching each other under the needle plate - still does that.

Even tho the maintenance steps will resolve the issue, I am annoyed that I have
to remember to do this every new day or machine start from "off."  My other
machine NEVER does this.

3-year old AMAYA XT with V9 or V7 OS, same error with both OS in the same way.