[amayausers] Re: Computer Question - Anyone run both the OS and DS on one PC?

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:20:47 -0500

Lisa & Don Ridley,
        You should be able to run both programs on one computer provided you
have
met the adequate resource requirements on that PC.  Refer to your the
"release notes" that come with every software CD.  There's good information
in them there notes!

        A note on "Hard Drive Crashes"...  If your PC crashed because your
operating system became corrupted or the like, then you may still be able to
retrieve data files off that hard drive utilizing it as a slave drive on
another PC.  Don't be too quick to put the PC on the curb for trash pick up.
        If your hard drive crashes because it threw a ball bearing or is making
the same kind of noises the Amaya does when it sits idle, then chances are
your drive is history and you should find the biggest boot you can find to
kick yourself for not backing up your drive like you said you would do so
many times before.  I wish I had a nickel for every person who said "I just
never found a free moment..."

Steve,
        Don't jinks yourself by saying things like "Nothing right now can slow
it
down".  Knock on plastic or something when you talk like that.

Ed Orantes