[amayausers] Re: College permission

  • From: "Teri Davis" <teridavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:55:51 -0400

Hi Susan,

I used to work at a University and they had a department that was
responsible for logo usage.  They called it the Graphic Identity program.  I
believe some universities refer to it as the Visual Identity.

The policies vary from university to university.  At the university where I
worked each individual college or department could design their own logo but
it had to follow guidelines set but the overall university and had to
include in some way the University logo.  For example I worked in the
College of Business and they developed a new logo that incorporated the
University logo and the name of the college of business.  This is the logo
they then had embroidered or printed on all of their merchandise.  So if
this person is actually a representative of the OSU Pharmacy it is possible
that he can have this logo embroidered for the use of his department but you
should check with their logo identity department and get something in
writing to be absolutely sure.

Good luck.

Teri Davis