[amayausers] Re: Caps - Grrrrr

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:24:42 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/129.html#000001

1) How do I sew on the sides or back of a cap? I have the WACF, but the hat
does not seem to fit properly on the frame unless it is facing forward.
*************************
If you have "new" XT's....how new are these? Do you have the 2 piece cap
driver---the one that leaves the two lower bars attached to the underside of
the sewing arm?  If this is what you have, then the only cap driver designation
you will want to use is the "XT Extended." Do not use the other cap driver
designations.

You can use the 270 degree frames to sew the sides of caps but I have found it
much easier to use Fast Frames. The same goes with the backs of caps...some
folks like to use a small hoop like a 12cm round to hoop the backs also...
****************************

2) Do visors require a different frame?
********************************

No.....

******************************
Is it possible in Design Shop to outline True Type fonts?
******************************

This would depend on what level of Design Shop you currently have......the
answer could be ..."yes" if the level is high enough....
******************************

4) For outside pockets (diaper bags, sports bags, etc) what attachment would I
need? I would REALLY appreciate an item number from MelcoMart.

The new Slimline clamps or others like them work very well for this
application. Fast frames are quite useful in this area too..Slimline Clamping
System, chassis part # 17124------frame part #17126, 17128, 17129, 17130,
17131, 17132...... check with the gals at Melco Mart, they can answer all your
questions on these....

Rod Springer
Melco Amaya Tech &  Trainer