[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin "tail" not long enough after trim

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 17:28:33 UT

This message was posted by MJ on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1182.html#000013

Hi everybody!
Thought I'd give an update on my XTS. First, Melco sent Allen Baumgartner (no
charge since in first 90 days after purchase), who was great and he explained a
lot to me and answered all my questions! I'm the type that has to learn the
logic behind everything then I can trouble shoot better when something goes
wrong. He's from Dekalb, IL which is not that far from Chicago. It ended up
that one of the cables that move the trimmer had come off. I couldn't see it
because I had not taken off the rear cover of the tubular arm. Also, the
bracket (or whatever it's called) that holds the trimmer/selector mechanism was
out of adjustment. He found quite a few other things out of adjustment, which
must have been that way when I received it brand new from the factory. Even the
"air tubes" were all crazily crisscrossed, which made them come off
occasionally when moving the head from needle to needle. So, I'm happy to
report that all is trimming good and I'm also getting way better results a
 nd way less thread breaks, etc!!! So my love for my machine is coming back -
Yeah! So many problems were happening previously and I kept thinking I was
doing something wrong! But there's a good side to that situation -- I always
say, the more problems you have, the more you are forced to learn! I'm
gradually depending more on the XTS rather than my Brother as I get more
proficient. Still having the issues sometimes with the TTF, but if I have a
file that won't open in AOS 10, I go back and save it in .exp format, and other
workarounds that I've discovered. It still doesn't like some of my .pes files,
but I'm getting the feeling that the two machines "think" totally differently,
so a .pes file doesn't stitch out as well as an original .ofm. And/or it's my
digitizing and it's something that I can "get away with" on my Brother, but the
XTS is a little more "fussy."  :)
Well, just wanted to give an update. Thanks to all who helped and gave advice.
This group's knowledge/experience is invaluable to me, and I hope to be a good,
contributing member for years to come! (You guys don't know me as well as I
know all of you, because I've been reading every post for over a year now!)
All the best, MJ, Everything Embroidered