[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin Winder

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:28:00 -0400

Let me chime in here... we just got a little Brother SE-270D Embroidery/Sewing
Machine a week or so ago just to do normal sewing on (plus it has some neat
Disney designs on it and can do simple embroidery).  I just checked and our
standard bobbin size fits on the winder that is on the machine.

Cost for a factory refurb SE-270D - $299.

http://www.sewvacdirect.com/brother_se270d_fs.html?k=SE270D&se=adwords&p=0&gclid=COiWhtaSzo4CFQQjPAoddAiL-A

So, you get a nice machine for normal sewing... back up embroidery (for say
names and simple one color designs) and a bobbin winder all for $100 more than
the bobbin winder ;)

Of course, I am sure that the bobbin winder alone is faster but if you are just
doing small runs of specific colors, it's a thought.

 John Yaglenski
  Levelbest Communications  &
Levelbest Embroidery
Phone: 301.591.2481