[amayausers] Re: Best / Repeatable Hooping equipment/method

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:20:24 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/43.html#000001

I don't know who told you that you can hoop 'on the machine', but except for
the 'speedframe' system, you cannot hoop on an Amaya!
There are several 'hoopmaster' systems that have a jig to hold the hoop and
backing in place while you put the garment over it and then press down the top
of the hoop. But this is done on a separate table or counter, not on the
machine.
The speedframe system is a 'clamp' system, and has limited use on clothing
because there is no place for excess material to go-like trying to hoop the
back of a garment-can't be done. Or chest pocket of sweatshirt. But for zipper
front or button front, it's great.
We set the shirts on our teeshirt printer platen and mark with tailor's chalk,
then slide it on the speedframe for fast sewing.