[amayausers.com] Re: Backing for Knitted Winter Hats

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:30:42 UT

This message was posted by flebow on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/618.html#000003

I guess depending on your stitch count and density you can use a tearaway
(sticky or not) or a cutaway
You will generally get better registration w a cutaway than a tearaway as the
fibers are longer in a cutaway (long polyester fibers for softness)
than with the short celulose fibers of a tearaway
and the threads become more eaily and tightly entangled
Cutaways come in wht and blk
Use one layer of the proper weight of a wet laid non directional, dense non
woven.
We will gladly send samples Pls e-mail me direct

Fred