[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya Bravo

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:55:08 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/712.html#000001

Huh?

Reasonable speed estimates?  It runs at 1000spm.  When I am doing a jacket
back, I set our machines regularly at 1350-1400.  We sew every day at 1200spm
(caps excepted which we run at 850).  Not sure what you mean there.  I wouldn't
trade my speed on our 300 machines for 200-400spm back.  Think of what means in
jacket back terms.  Even normal production terms to doing 2-250 stitches a
minute more.

The operating system is indeed more limited.  You can not run as a multi head.
You cannot run multiple amayas off the same machine.  There are limitations in
the settings of the OS (runs AOS lite only).  There are limitations on the size
of hoops you can use etc.

Bottom line is - while it LOOKS like an XT with a different name plate, it does
not share the same features, nor does it compete in the same space as the XT.

<ok, the following is my opinion>

If you plan to grow beyond one machine, I'd look to the XT.  If you know you're
just looking to add embroidery to your shop to do some personalization or it's
just a side to other things you do (for ex. if you do leather upolstry and just
want something to put logos on the leather with etc. etc), if you arent' doing
much volume, if you think you'll stay with a single head for quite a while,
then this may work for you.

I don't think it will effect the value of your machine much.  Maybe a little
till people figure out the differences (and unlike melco, I do think there will
be SOME confusion because they appear on the surface similar) - but not much.