[amayausers.com] Re: Advice onTwill Lettering & Sew Disk options

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:22:30 UT

This message was posted by SharonA on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/592.html#000001

Hi Debbie!  I'll give you my 2 cents worth on some of your questions.  Font-
Stahl's Varsity is what some consider an "old school" font, so is Athletic
Block.
Unless you are satin stitching the letters on the back I would recommend
sticking with a thread color to match the letters.  We do a lot of applique
here and cut our own letters.  We work up new designs for the store and from
experimenting we have found that matching thread looks the best UNLESS you are
going to satin stitch it.
I would probably go with 4 inch letters and give it an arch.
We have seen the no sew twill letters and haven't been very impressed with
them- maybe we are just "old school" and like the real sewn look!
The gray tonal on the front is going to look nice- we have one fraternity here
that gets black on black and it does look good.
Hope this helps!
SharonA
University Spirit