[amayausers] Re: Accounting/mgt software

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:54 -0400

I don't know about a commercial program that will do all that you want-but I
do know that you can 'create' your own such program using Filemaker Pro.
I"ve been using that for 10 years-still running an old version of filemaker
since I've had no need to upgrade for 8 years! I have a pricing program (not
the finest but for me it works) that I created and I am not a software geek.
My 'shirt' pricing for example-I can enter a style shirt from Alpha or
Sanmar (or anyone else that I want to add data from) for a customer-add in
quantity and sizes, how many colors to print front or back or sleeves, and
how many screens needed. I have 'back up formulas' that will generate the
price per   imprint and per shirt, based on total order quantity, plus I can
'override' any price to make up my own or discount.
Customer 'name and address' files can be automatically entered once I have a
single invoice with their info, etc.
I have separate pricing file for shirts, engraving, banners/signs, even a
'generic' pricing page for odd ball stuff, and advertising specialties.
If I had the time, all the individual pricing programs can be tied together
to share data files but I havent' had the time, energy, or enough headache
pills to attempt it. Folks that 'know' interrelational data files and the
'calculation fields' can follow the book and do it easily-but I can't.
I do know a client that is way beyond me in this program and is willing to
setup my computer with the 'new' filemaker and update my programs and tie
them together...just have to meet up with him and start on it.
Seems to me though there used to be tv ads showing 'business' people doing
ALL their invoicing, payroll, etc. with Quickbooks....but I ignore anything
to do with PC's....its Mac or nothing for me!
Roland