[ai_group] Re: wordnet=concept

  • From: John Jacques <johnj_01201@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

I don't get what you are trying to say. I'm thinking the WordNet is
just a knowledge base (maybe one of many to come?) that the AI could
use as a reference.

For example I think Dave is asking how will an AI program be created,
what will it do, how will it do it... all in simple terms before he
gets started.

I think the best answer is more questions:

1) Equipment list (WordNet, link42, batch files, AI program, etc)
2) What to do with the tools (how will they interact?)
3) What type of database format to use? (will we all have a common
interface?)

I think that we should be able to choose out own database format and
call routines to access the data. So no matter how you choose to store
your data the "Open Database", "Close Database", "Read next line" etc.
routintes would have a common namming convention and be called the same
way no matter whos code is in those routines. Sort of like if we all
had a different database format, calling routine "GetNextLine" would
read the same information no matter who's code is used--The routine
would return the same type of data.

Am I right or way off in how we are all thinking?

Also, are some of us looking for hi-tech AI, medium, or a Q&A program?

What do you all think?
John

http://taxes.yahoo.com/