[ai_group] idea

  • From: John Jacques <johnj_01201@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ai <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

Right now (could change often), I am thinking about creating a central
AI program/database that would use any and all tools to feed itself.

For example I know I will be using link42 because it is WAY better than
my noun, adjective, verb, adverb reading scheme. So by running link42
on what the user types to the AI program, the AI should be able to
understand and read what the user typed. By "read" I don't mean the
corner stuff I've seen AI programs do, but I have a plan that if the AI
can read and understand what it read (with help from WordNet Database)
that it will be able to learn.

This is all way off in the future, a few months at least. I have to put
together a database that hold data on each human user the AI program
communicates with, each digital communication (newsgroups and email),
and what it thinks it has learned. All of the input is recorded and
saved in a database so that things can be changed without starting from
ground zero again. I have found that if I don't save the original
input, and then find a flaw in the AI program, that everything is lost.

So, basically link42 and WordNet are "tools" that I plan on using for
the actual learning process for the AI program. I already know the
overall scheme of things that I will use to keep track of the data.

The problem now is how to process the data. I am thinking I will dump
the WordNet categories (what I call them (dog is a =>canine)) into a
database table and somehow program the AI to know what each category
is. If it knows the lowest-basic form (in this case "canine") then it
will know what a "dog" is. Same with (shirt is a =>garment" if I can
program the AI to know what a garment is then it will know what a
shirt, pants, socks, etc... all are and be able to carry on
conversations and more importantly it *should* be able to learn as it
*should* understand the conversations.

I wish they had all this stuff planned out on the net somewhere. Like
the stuff Dr. X posted about his Object Structure. The idea is ok, but
I already have my own way. I'm sort of a database nut hehehe

Maybe I'll have some designs to post by Monday. I'll be working on it
tonight for a few hours. Sometimes these ideas fall apart in the design
stage, but I think I can do it this time :)

John

http://taxes.yahoo.com/