[ai_group] FW: Re: What's everyone working on?

  • From: "Dr.X" <drx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ai_Group@Freelists. Org" <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:33:01 -0400

Ok, maybe we should try something simple. Just to get our feet wet. It's too
late to get into the chatterbox challenge for this round, but maybe we can on
the next. I say we learn how to deal with syntax and simple conversation
problems first and win the next chatterbox challenge. Meantime, it will help us
to figure out some of the logic problems that our ai will encounter. Things like
someone referring to something previously mentioned in the conversation, using
the word " IT " in reference to something 3 or 4 sentences back. That would
actually be impressive after reading some of the logs at the contest now. (we
would rock ;-)

Dr.X

PS: did you guys check out the lexical database link I posted? It's big, I know,
but if you would rather get it on CD, let me know. I'll see what I can do.