[ai_group] Re: Database format

  • From: "Jeethu Rao" <jeethur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:42:16 +0530

David,
Why not create an individual file for every object ? Or we can
have many objects in a single file, with another file as the index for it ?
I guess the 2nd Idea is a lil bit better.Whatever it may be, I'd prefer
an OOP language for this kinda work. Alice is written in Java, but Java is
quite a bit slow for this kinda work (The new GNU GCJ native code compiler
for Java may be better, but I've never tried java on GCC). C++ would be a
good
option. The best feature is STL, which provides many flexible alternatives
C arrays. Anyway, it still is possible to do it all in BCX or C, but It'll
be
quite a bit harder than in C++.

The Language used is not very significant.The main things that matter are
the
underlying ideas and algs. And yes, speed.

If you're interested, I have written a C++ Vector like library for C.
Its a kind of storage class (An automatically resizing array). It will
surely
work fine with BCX. It might just come in handy in your AI parser.

Jeethu Rao