[adtools] successfully merged gcc-4.1.2, upcoming 4.2.0...

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:50:42 +0200

Hi guys,

I just would like to let you know that yesterday I was finally able to finish
my port of our GCC4 changes to the 4.1.2 version of the compiler suite. My
first grasp tests (compiling YAM and writing this email with it) worked out
fine so far and it seems that the main 'porting task' were the changes handling
of the command-line options in GCC 4.1.x which I needed to adapt to our baserel
and no-baserel changes.

However, I also required to adapt the build_function_call() modifications for
our CHECK68KFUNCPTR functionality and I haven't yet verified that they worked
out fine. So it would be great if some of you (probably the one that
implemented that CHECK68KFUNCPTR stuff) could checkout the latest GCC sources
from our trunk and give it a run. I hope I didn't break something during my
porting.

In addition to the porting I slightly reorganized our subversion repository
and moved the seperate 2.95.x, 3.4.x and 4.0.x branches which were previously
stored in the /trunk into the top-level /branches directory. So in case you are
requiring to continue to adapt the corresponding sources you need to switch
over to these e.g. '/branches/gcc/4.0.x' directories and commit your changes
there. We will then merge these changes back onto the main trunk as necessary.
This reorganization was necessary because otherwise one will end up with a
tremendous amount of sources when checking out the whole trunk. So from now on
the /trunk will always contain the very latest versions available. E.g. for
GCC this is now our 4.1.2 modifications.

And last, but not least I will now try to go even further and see if our
changes can be merged to the 4.2.0 series of GCC as soon as I have commit the
4.2.0 vendor sources in our repository...

cheers,
jens

BTW: I am still waiting for someone to take over the job to port our binutils
changes to the latest official binutils version. We really need to get the
latest binutils sooner or later. So did anyone make any further progress on
the porting to the latest binutils?
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b

OFFICE AUTOMATION : The use of computers to improve efficiency in the
office by removing anyone you would want to talk with over coffee.

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP