[adtools] even port to GCC 4.2.0 finished...

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:00:51 +0200

Hello fellows,

fortunately it didn't require that much time like I first expected it would
take. So I just finished my porting of our GCC changes from 4.1.2 to the very
latest official GCC version 4.2.0 and commited them already to our SVN. So the
main trunk already contains the 4.2.x based GCC sources (please find a new
4.1.x branch in the /branches/gcc path).

The main changes I had to do to get our modifications compiled with GCC 4.2.0
were within the baserel stuff as the GCC crew seem to have dropped some
functions and also renamed some. However, it was quite easy to get them
replaced by the right ones. But of course that means we should do some very
careful tests of the baserel stuff to see if it still works with GCC 4.2.0.
But as my usual test application (YAM) seem to have no general problems with
an GCC 4.2.0 AmigaOS4 cross-compiler, I consider this new version already
quite promising and even stable - at least for my stuff.

But as I just ported our stuff from GCC 4.0.x to 4.2.x during the last days,
we should definitly do some tests on the baserel and check68kfuncptr stuff like
outlined before. So please, would someone (preferably Hans-Jörg or Thomas) do
some tests to see if the baserel/check68kfuncptr stuff still works as expected?
In addition, please note that it seems that GCC 4.2.x is a bit more
strict on certains things as it seems to throw some more warnings at me, which
I of course already fixed in YAM. So besides a simple update to a newer
version, a general switch from 4.0.x to 4.2.x should perhaps help to nailing
down certain issues a 4.0.x doesn't show.

So please update your working copies and give it a spin and report back if the
4.2.x also works fine for you...

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b

If the input editor has been designed to reject all bad input,
an ingenious idiot will discover a method to get bad data past it.
-- Unknown

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP