[adaptivetec] ecognizing a drive

  • From: marigold meriweather <wildthread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: list adaptive <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:04:46 +1200

Before I call in a tech, can someone tell me how I can get my computer to recognize a disk drive newly installed? I had a 3.5 and the cdrw. When the 3.5 died, I was told replacing it would be difficult since they are pretty much not being used, and probably pointless for the same reason. We decided to get a second cd type drive, but my computer will not recognize it, and now the original one is apparently not working either. I must have at least one working drive, preferably two.

Thanks for any suggestions. I have windoweyes and xp.
Sorry for the whine, but it helps with the frustration
Marigold