[adaptivetec] Re: Reading Powerpoints

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <sblanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:05:56 -0700

Lana,

When you open a PowerPoint presentation, you should be focused in the slide
view. Here you can press tab once to access the title of the current slide, at
which point JAWS will read the content of the slide's title. You can repeat the
information by pressing insert + tab. If you want to enter an edit mode, where
you can review and navigate the text, and even make changes if you wish, just
press enter. This will place you in the text of the slide's title. Press escape
to return to what's called the object level.

Press tab a second time to move to the slide body, where the subtitle or
additional information will be displayed. Again, press enter if you want to get
into edit mode and review the text at your own pace. Press escape to exit edit
mode.

Press page down to move to the next slide, and page up to view the previous
slide. You can use the JAWS status keystroke, insert + numpad 3 to hear the
total number of slides as well as the number of the currently focused slide.

  Use f6 to move between the slide pane, notes pane, and outline pane. This
keystroke should cycle you through these three panes, and then back around to
the beginning.

  There is much more to PowerPoint, and definitely let us know if other
questions arise. I hope this will at least help you read the content of the
presentations.

  Scott